A captive portal can intercept network traffic until a user authenticates his/her connection, usually through a specifically designated login page.
Click Configure > SSID > Captive Portal to access this screen.
- Click-through: Users must view and acknowledge your splash page before being allowed on the network.
- EnGenius Authentication: Users must enter a username and password before being allowed on the network. You could edit user settings through Configure > Cloud RADIUS User.
- Custom RADIUS: Enter the host (IP address of your RADIUS server, reachable from the access points), port (UDP port the RADIUS server listens on for access requests, 1812 by default), and secret (RADIUS client shared secret). Optionally, the Accounting Server can be enabled on an SSID that's using WPA2-Enterprise with RADIUS authentication.
- Voucher Service: Edit the access plan for guests for the front-desk manager.
- Social Login: Allows users to use a Facebook account to access WiFi.
Configure the URL to which users will be redirected after successful login.
Redirect to the original URL: Select this option to cache the initial website from the client during the authentication process and then forward it to the originally targeted web server after the user successfully authenticates.
Redirect users to a new URL: Select this option to redirect users to a pre-designated URL after the user successfully authenticates.
Session Timeout: Specify a time limit after which users will be disconnected and required to log in again.
Idle Timeout: Specify a time limit for an idle client after which users will be disconnected and required to log in again.
Walled Garden: This option allows users to define network destinations that users can access before authenticating. For example, your company's website.
HTTPS Login: This option allows users to log in through HTTPS. When you enable it, your password is encrypted, so others could not retrieve your information.